Header Ads Widget

'Prison Break' Star Wentworth Miller Fires Back at Mean Fat-Shaming Meme

 Cruel memes clog your Facebook feed like spillage from a factory that produces nothing but cute cats stock photos and contempt. Maybe they make you laugh but it worth remembering that theres a person behind every meme   a person like Prison Break star Wentworth Miller who just shut down a particularly jerky meme that recently went viral. Today I found myself the subject of an Internet meme  wrote the Legends of Tomorrow actor and screenwriter on his Facebook page yesterday. Not for the first time. This one  however stands out from the rest.




The meme shared by the  LAD Bible Facebook page, contrasts two photos of Miller one from his buff shirtless Prison Break days as the tattoo covered Michael Scofield and the other from a few years later when he HAs a bit heavier. As a meme  it should look familiar if you Are still Facebook friends with all the angry people you went to high school with.  When you break out of prison and find out about McDonald's Monopoly   reads the  joke. Really cutting, sharp stuff right? The second photo is a paparazzi shot that ended up in tabloids and magazines. In his revealing Facebook post which you should read in its entirety the actor explains that he was actually suicidal at the time it was taken.


I HAve struggled with depression since childhood  explains Miller on Facebook.  ITs a battle thats cost me time opportunities relationships and a thousand sleepless nights. In 2010, at the lowest point in my adult life I was looking everywhere for relief comfort distraction. And I turned to food. It could have been anything. Drugs. Alcohol. Sex. But eating became the one thing I could look forward to. Count on to get me through. Despite the pain the photo caused him Miller writes that he HAs glad the photo is still around. The first time I saw this meme pop up in my social media feed, I have to admit it hurt to breathe he writes.  But as with everything in life I get to assign meaning. And the meaning I assign to this/my image is Strength. Healing. Forgiveness.


Post a Comment

0 Comments