Header Ads Widget

Ana de Armas visited Marilyn Monroe's grave to ask permission to film Blonde

 Ana de Armas recalls bringing a  big card note to Monroes grave alongside Blondes crew asking for her blessing.





Well its better than asking her weird CGI fashion double Ana de Armas says in a new interview that she and the Blonde crew laid a note on Marilyn Monroes grave asking for her blessing in taking the screen sirens story to Netflix.


We got this big card and everyone in the crew wrote a message to her Armas tells AnOther magazine in a new cover story.  Then we went to the cemetery and put it on her grave. We were asking for permission in a way. Everyone felt a huge responsibility and we were very aware of the side of the story we were going to tell the story of Norma Jeane the person behind this character Marilyn Monroe. Who was she really? Despite asking for permission the idea that Monroes ghost signed off on the film does not exactly line up with past comments from the cast and crew about sensing her presence on set.  I truly believe that she was very close to us. She was with us Armas shared during a Venice Film Festival press junket.  I think she was happy. She would also throw things off the wall sometimes and get mad if she did not like something. Maybe this sounds very mystical  but it is true. We all felt it.


Armas also shares in the new interview how difficult it was to  unplug during filming, given that she felt Monroes story around her even when she  as a famous actor we assume metaphorically clocked out at work.


 I would go to sleep and dream I had long conversations with her or little things  like once we were choosing which color vase we would put flowers in Armas recalls.  I do not want it to seem like I am saying Marilyn and I were connected not at all. But I was thinking of her so much some days I would go home and have dinner and as I was washing the dishes I would just start sobbing crying and crying because I had this terrible feeling   I knew I could not fix it.

Post a Comment

0 Comments