Header Ads Widget

AMANDA SEYFRIED ON THE CHOICES THAT CHANGED HER LIFE AND SET HER UP FOR HER FIRST EMMY WIN

 The award winning actress is on a roll.





There is one little word that has long represented a challenge for the actress Amanda Seyfried.  I have finally become good at saying  No she says.  By nature I tend to be flexible. But with time I have come to understand what makes me uncomfortable and I have learned how to make others respect my decisions  even though saying no to my kids is really tough. Fortunately  her children Nina 5 and Thomas who turned 2 on Sept. 28 give her less of a hard time than she gave her mother when at 11 years old she was already trending sets and shooting her first commercials.  As a child I was undisciplined, impatient and noisy she admits.





With her husband the 46 year old actor Thomas Sadoski who she married in an ultra private ceremony in 2017 only days after their daughter Ninas birth Seyfried 36 has settled on a farm in Upstate New York. 


After a Best Supporting Oscar nomination for her role as Hollywood starlet Marion Davies in the 2020 film Mank, she took the decision to cut back on the pace of her commitments.  Up until a few years ago I was working so much and I was worried that if I gave myself a break I would not be able to get back into it she shares.  But now I have a husband who like me loves his work and two children that need somebody to be with them. Because of this I only accept roles that I consider impossible to miss out on.


In keeping with her new set of priorities Seyfried is continuing in her role as a Lancôme global ambassador and selectively choosing new projects like her latest two which are different from each other but each equally special.The first is the Hulu series The Dropout the true story of Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes who was convicted of defrauding investors in connection with her blood testing startup.  It was the biggest challenge of my career Seyfried says of her Emmy nominated performance.


The second project is a movie that came out last year Mouthful of Air in which the actress plays a childrens book writer dealing with trauma that resurfaces after the birth of her daughter.  The screenwriter and director Amy Koppelman is a friend Seyfried says.  More or less we have all experienced postpartum depression. Its a topic that women absolutely must talk about to help each other.


Post a Comment

0 Comments