Header Ads Widget

Magnum P.I.'s Stephen Hill Reflects on the Show's Move to NBC

 In an interview with CBR, Stephen Hill talks Magnum P.I.'s unexpected cancellation, TC's military background, and the new season's arc.




Stephen Hill: I was told two days before we got canceled that we would probably get two seasons. During the pandemic, everything was taking forever to be delivered. I had ordered a new cover for my couch. I was on my way to go get that. It was actually at a place at the docks, right next to the Magnum helicopter's hangar. I was told we got canceled at the same time I'm looking at it. I can see it in my rearview, the Magnum P.I. helicopter. I was like, ''Oh my God. This is ridiculous. I can't believe this is happening.'' It was very surreal. An immediate sadness washed over me and the other cast members. Luckily, it was a false ending, and we're back.


Getting the call to come back was incredible. I was privy to everything. I knew what all the fans were doing. I am very responsive to all the fans behind the scenes. They let me know they were doing the billboard in Times Square. They let me know they were sending a couple of thousand leis to NBC. I also knew the higher-ups, the executives of the show, were working day and night to bring the show back, as well. There was always hope for us. I am very grateful for the people behind the scenes who worked very hard to bring us back.


Post a Comment

0 Comments