Header Ads Widget

Matthew McConaughey reflects on healing after molestation, blackmail

 Matthew McConaughey says he was not going to let his experience of being molested and blackmailed into having sex when he was a teenager affect his future relationships.





 I am not gonna be afraid of relationships because my first experience was blackmail. Uh  uh. That an aberration the actor  52 said while speaking to Amanda de Cadenet on the  Conversation About the Men podcast. And I am not gonna let it beat me   I am not gonna let that beat my sense of trust in people and say No, I can have a healthy relationship. Non negotiable. No.





McConaughey  who has been married to Brazilian model Camila Alves since 2012  noted that he never went to therapy after the traumatic experiences, which he claims happened on two separate occasions .The Dallas Buyers Club star first detailed the alleged incidents in his 2020 memoir Greenlights .I was blackmailed into having sex for the first time when I was 15 he wrote. I was molested by a man when I was eighteen while knocked unconscious in the back of a van .Further reflecting during the podcast episode, McConaughey admitted that he did not make a connection between the two instances of abuse until later in life.


I did not connect  em he said.  Am I gonna carry that? I chose non negotiably I am not going to carry that bring that baggage into the life I am going to lead and how I treat people and how I trust people and how I look at circumstances and the risk I may take .McConaughey went on to talk about how receiving support from others helped him heal and eventually move on.I have had very good friends. I have had good mentors  he explained. I have had elder men elder women, married couples that pulled it off from celebrating 50 year anniversaries  that have taken the time to sit with me.

Post a Comment

0 Comments