Thor Love and Thunder made its way onto Disney+ after a rollercoaster run in theaters causing a huge divide amongst Marvel fans particularly over its use of CGI. Director Taika Waititi has even addressed some of the more controversial moments which started early in the movie with the introduction of a new character.





This came with Kieron L. Dyers MCU debut as Axl, Heimdalls never before seen son as he used his newfound powers to contact Thor once Gorr the God Butcher kidnapped the children of Asgard. Unfortunately this moment turned out to be one of the lowlights in Thor 4 from a visual perspective even leading Disney to adjust the CGI once it came to Disney+.


Now a few weeks after the movie became available to stream the actor behind that moment shared his thoughts on how everything went down with Thor Love and Thunders most controversial VFX shot. When asked about the process behind filming that scene Dyer noted how he was the only one on set at the moment along with Taika as he sat in a chair. His material was filmed separately from the shot in the film with Chris Hemsworth Natalie Portman, and Tessa Thompson:


 Yeah so it was funny how they did it actually, because I thought I was going to be with the other actors when I did it but  so what happened was I came to set and I was the only person there. Because how they filmed it was I was kind of sitting in this chair and the camera was like here on my face and it was just focusing on me. And Taika was there saying the other lines as I say my lines. And so then he showed me the shot after of how they filmed that  because I was not there when they filmed. They filmed it separately and kind of put my face in the scene.