Anything for the first time  the unknown the fear those are all emotions that are so exciting ultimately Dobrev told THR.  I love that feeling and I really want to feel that again. Thats why I am excited about this next chapter I have no idea whats going to happen and that means anything can happen. Thats whats most exciting to me  the prospect of anything.





The Vampire Diaries is poised to head into a new phase as leading lady Nina Dobrev  Elena exits the series this week following a six season run.For Dobrev Thursdays season finale is bittersweet.  The fairy tale has to end and the next chapter has to begin she told The Hollywood Reporter.  I knew this was my time and I am excited for the next step.


I have known  I was leaving for such a long time  for a couple of years  so its been a big secret I have been having to keep for a while. But once people finally knew people were really upset and outspoken. But ultimately supportive which I was very appreciative of. It was strange one of the days after it was announced I had people come up to me in the street crying like What are you doing? and angry. And then I told them and they were like You go girl. Do your thing. We support you. We can not wait to see what you are doing next. Its 50-50  support. 


It was not one specific moment I knew. I just knew I wanted to go on this journey with these characters  and their lives its a vampire show. Its been a great journey but at the end of the day a Im not actually a vampire. The fairy tale has to end and the next chapter has to begin. I knew this was my time and I am excited for the next step. I am very sad that I am not going to get to spend every day with my favorite people in the world but thats why we have FaceTime and phone calls. Friendships are like vampires: They will last forever if they are real.