Header Ads Widget

Matthew McConaughey: "I was forced into sex as a teenager"

 LOS ANGELES > Matthew McConaughey has spoken out about how he was  forced to have sex as a 15 year old and was drugged and molested by a man when he was 18. He already disclosed this in his book Green Lights.





Although the 52 year old actor did not go to therapy to deal with this trauma he explained that he had many people in his life who helped him get through the tough times.  I had really good friends. I had good mentors. I have had older men older women, married couples take the time to sit down and talk to me.


He also said that in both situations in which he was abused he was aware that it was not a healthy relationship and that previous conversations with his father helped him to understand this.  My parents taught me respect for women respect for relationships respect for sexual intimacy respect for space McConaughey said.  My father told me If you ever feel a girl hesitate stop. He was right, I found myself in certain situations and I knew when I had to stop he added.


I never stopped believing in the things my mother and father taught me. I told myself that I would not be afraid of a relationship because my first experience was blackmail or coercion. Am I in denial that this happened? I do not deny that it happened. But I love life too much and I believe in life I believe in people. Trust is still my first priority. I will not go through life with this baggage that would determine the way I treat the people around me he added.


Post a Comment

0 Comments